Re: MG Window jam

To: Charles Barzun <charlesb@cnet.com>, Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>,
Subject: Re: MG Window jam
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 1999 17:09:47 -0700
Charles,

Yep, it's trivial, *if* your door upholstry is in good enough
condition to remove it without damage.  Pull the door upholstry.
If you look inside the doors, you'll see the channels that
the windows go up and down in.  If you look closely, you'll see
that each one has two bolts holding it in place.  The holes for
these bolts are big enough that some adjusting can be done.  If
(like myself) you have a door that was welded together out of a
couple of doors, you may have to enlarge the holes.  Again, it is
trivial, unless yoou end up damaging the upholstry.  Then a no-cost
afternoon job becomes a $150 job.

-Keith Wheeler
Team Sanctaury                          http://www.TeamSanctuary.com/