RE: brake pedals and ovaling of holes

To: Rick Morrison <gofastmg@juno.com>
Subject: RE: brake pedals and ovaling of holes
From: "Dodd, Kelvin" <doddk@mossmotors.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 1999 08:18:12 -0700
Rick has hit the nail on the head.

        Saab 900s' have a similar problem.  One of my past life experiences
was a Saab service writer for an independent shop.  Since I was also a
welder, I got the weld up chore.  A gas welding rig is the easiest solution.
Only put weld material on the damaged side.  A rat tail file is the easy way
to restore the hole to round, using the undamaged edge as a guide.  We would
repair about 4 per month.  Alternatively fill the hole completely, then
redrill.

Kelvin.