help me identify this GT

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: help me identify this GT
From: Florrie & Allen Bachelder <bachldrs@swva.net>
Date: Thu, 15 Apr 1999 18:11:46 -0400
Evangelos -

The quickest way to tell is to look at the tail lights.  If there is curved
sheetmetal conforming to the curve of the bottom of the tail light housing,
it's a chrome bumpered car.  If the sheetmetal below the tail light is
flat, leaving the tail light housing "hanging out", it is a rubber-bumpered
car.  Conversion RB-to-chrome is possible.  I know VB sells the little
curved nose pieces to fill in below the tail lights.  One has to alter the
bumper mounts front and rear.  Of course then you have to lower the car
1-1/2 inches to make it look right.  Can be done but it's a pretty big job.

Allen

From: "Evangelos G. Makris" <emakris@hol.gr>

>I have just discovered a white LHD MGB GT in salvageable
>condition.
>
>However, it has no bumpers at all so, is there a way that
>I can positively say if it's a rubber or chrome bumper body?
>
>If it turns out it's a rubber bumper, are there kits for
>converting it to chrome bumper generally available (by who)?
>
>Engine says 18GG-RWCH-1747x (can't make the last digit out)
>
>Thank you
>Evangelos

*    Allen H. Bachelder  =iii=<         *
*    Sinking Creek Home for Wayward MGs *
*    New Castle, VA 24127                       *
*    USA                                        *
*    540/544-7333                               *