Re: help me identify this GT

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: help me identify this GT
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 1999 07:55:23 -0700
To confirm what others have posted, the "Original MGB" book (Clausager)
lists the 18GG engine series as 1969-71, so definitely a chrome-bumper
car (assuming the engine is original).

>It is 4-spd manual with a straight switch on the dashboard
>for the overdrive, at the leftmost end of the fascia.

The straight switch was replaced by the "crooked" switch in 1965 (before
the GT came out), but a lot of people (including me) have used the
straight switch as a replacement since it costs 1/3 as much.

Evangelos G. Makris had this to say:

--

Max Heim