points, was spark plugs

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: points, was spark plugs
From: xyzabcde@earthlink.net
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 11:46:02 -0700
Hi again,

Instead of accidentally stealing and mis-directing someone else's topic :-} I'll
start a new related one.  I've been meaning to ask this for a while.

The Lucas points for B's have gotten cheaper (well, poorer quality) and more
generic over the years.  There used to be a part number for points specifically
for MG's with 60 degrees dwell in the middle of the adjustment range.  Now, the
points I get are for a huge array of cars and 60 degrees dwell is at the end of
the adjustment.  As the soft plastic rubbing block wears away, I can't adjust
the points below 65 degrees dwell.

Is there a brand that's better quality?  Are points specifically for MG's still
available?

Thanks in advance!
Denise Thorpe