off-topic - Car of the Century award

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: off-topic - Car of the Century award
From: JChumley3@aol.com
Date: Sat, 17 Apr 1999 18:07:33 EDT
I saw an article in the Dallas Morning News today that I thought might
interest some of you.  Apparently Car of the Century International is trying
to give an award for the car of the century, criteria including: general
design, historical signifigance, performance measured against its
contemporaries and the level of technical innovation for its time.  An
original list of 1500 models was whittled to 26 by a group of 135 automative
journalists from around the world:

Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1954-68
Audi Quattro 1980-91
Austin Seven 1922-39
BMW 328 1936-40
Bugatti T 35 1926-30