Re: off-topic - Car of the Century award

To: JChumley3@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: off-topic - Car of the Century award
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sun, 18 Apr 1999 01:24:00 EDT
Sorry even as an MG owner - given the criteria I gotta vote for thr 56
M-B SLK (esp since not a Spridget was included)
Larry

On 4/17/99 6:07 PM so and so (JChumley3@aol.com) said. (And I quote:)

>I saw an article in the Dallas Morning News today that I thought might
>interest some of you.  Apparently Car of the Century International is trying
>to give an award for the car of the century, criteria including: general
>design, historical signifigance, performance measured against its
>contemporaries and the level of technical innovation for its time.  An
>original list of 1500 models was whittled to 26 by a group of 135 automative
>journalists from around the world:
>
>Alfa Romeo Giulietta Sprint Coupe 1954-68
>Audi Quattro 1980-91
>Austin Seven 1922-39
>BMW 328 1936-40
>Bugatti T 35 1926-30
>Chevrolet Corvette Sting Ray 1963-67
>Citroen Traction Avant 1934-57
>Citroen 2 CV 1948-90
>Citreon DS 19 1955-65
>Ferrari 250 GT SWB Berlinetta 1959-62
>Fiat 500 Topolino 1936-48
>Ford Model T 1908-27
>Ford Mustang 1964-68
>Jaguar XK 120 1948-54
>Jaguar E-Type 1961-75
>Mercedes-Benz S/SS/SSK 1927-32
>Mercedes-Benz 300 SL Coupe 1954-57
>Mini 1959-present
>NSU RO 80 1967-76
>Porsche 911 1963-present
>Renault Espace 1984-present
>Rolls-Royce Silver Ghost 1907-25
>Range Rover 1970-96
>Volkswagen Beetle 1946-present
>Volkswagen Golf 1974-84
>Willys Jeep 1941-45
>
>What, NO MG??????????????
>
>Cheers,
>
>Jeremy

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?