Re: [Fwd: Bolt sizes generally needed for MGB engine

To: gbaker@customcpu.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: [Fwd: Bolt sizes generally needed for MGB engine
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Mon, 19 Apr 1999 19:37:11 EDT
In a message dated 4/18/99 10:34:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
gbaker@customcpu.com writes:

<< Earlier discussions decided that 6 sided bolts were better than 12
 sided because the torque is on the flats.  I just purchased a head
 stud kit from ARP which I've heard NOTHING  bad about and they come with
 12 sided nuts. Why? >>

Because they are 'spline' drive not hexagon.  MUCH better.  Call David for
full explanation.  BTW, takes different socket or wrench.

         Ed