Re: Tach electrical prob- continued

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tach electrical prob- continued
From: David Councill <dcouncil@imt.net>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 17:40:42 -0600
On the pegged out tach -

I'd be interested in the answer to this too. My 71BGT does this every once
in a while - in fact, its been happening for several years. When it happens
(maybe once a week?) when I first turn the ignition switch and before
engaging the starter, I usually turn the ignition off and back on and all
is normal.

Another curious and possibly related problem is that the tach is more
likely to do this and will also become more unstable (fluctuate, read high
by 1000 rpms) during the summer when the interior gets hot.

But like I said, I've ignored it for a number of years and the tach is
still pretty reliable most of the time.

David
67 BGT
71 BGT