Re: HELP-fuel pump stuck on

To: <RaceF1@aol.com>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: HELP-fuel pump stuck on
From: "Lawrie Alexander" <Lawrie@britcars.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 18:58:30 -0700
Brian........

Unless I mis-read what you stated, the problem is more likely that your
carburetor float valve is stuck open, allowing your fuel pump to do a Timex
impersonation. If this is the case, fuel is flooding your intake system and
your charcoal canister. A sharp tap on the float bowl might make the needle
valve work properly again. However, if there is dirt or some other foreign
object stuck in the valve, you'll have to remove the float bowl to fix it.

Lawrie
British Sportscar Center