Re: HELP-fuel pump stuck on

To: RaceF1@aol.com
Subject: Re: HELP-fuel pump stuck on
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:00:57 -0700 (PDT)
At 07:29 PM 4/20/99 EDT, you wrote:

>                   Just went into the garage to back my 75 MGB out for a bath
>and
>               the fuel pump sticks on when I try to start it.just in time
>for the first
>               show I was going to this year on sunday!Been driving the car
>2-3
>               times a week for a little over a month now.Any ideas?HELP.

Brian,

Sounds like a stuck float/needle to me.  It's been a long time since I was
under the bonnet of a B with a Stromberg but if I were you I'd locate the
float bowl and give it a good, solid rap with a non-marring blunt
instrument.  My SU's (all four of them) do this occasionally. PITA

Cheers,
Ross   MacPherson
TC-3528 , `66 BGT, NEMGT - #11849
Surrey, BC, Canada