Re: 72B idle for 8 years in Atlanta, GA

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 72B idle for 8 years in Atlanta, GA
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:49:37 -0400 (EDT)
Michael,

Trying to talk you into it:

Why do you think this '72 would be hard to get running again? Put in some
new gas, borrow a  battery, squirt some oil in the cylinders, and see if it
starts. Mine sat for close to fifteen years, outside, in Massachusetts, and
it started with the same treatment from the PO. Of course it needs some
work, but I think it will be "worth" it, even from the financial
perspective, but also for personal satisfaction. Think of the nostalgia
value you will gain from driving this car again. And from what you say,
this car sounds like it might be fine to drive around in with some fluid
changes, tune-up parts, and some TLC. Why not go for it? Why not see if you
can trade the '76 to a local MG pro in exchange for some needed parts, body
work, or a paint job? (Depends on condition, and what kind of deal you can
strike).

Good luck whatever you decide,

Nevin