Re: Towing Warning (Was Dropping Drive Shaft)

To: REwald9535@aol.com
Subject: Re: Towing Warning (Was Dropping Drive Shaft)
From: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 17:28:33 -0500
Rick,

  You have to understand that some of these people are outraged when
their "facts" are called into question.  They can't come up with any
verifiable examples so they resort to hyperbole and insults.

  The claim that knock-off wheels will come loose may be true although I
have no personal knowledge of it ever happening.  I do know this: I
bought one of those 3 foot long knock-off wrenches that Moss purveys.
Thought I'd eliminate the hammer and small wrench.  After greasing the
splines on my WWs I used the wrench to tighten the nuts.  Three months
later I couldn't get them off with the wrench; I bent it trying.  Had to
use the hammer and small wrench.  It would appear that the nuts
tightened up during normal driving.  They seemed to be snugged up
further round from finger tight than I had set them with the long
wrench.  So, there may be something to it.

 CR