Re: Noise from engine compartment

To: "Phil Vanner" <pvanner@pclink.com>,
Subject: Re: Noise from engine compartment
From: "Harlan Jillson" <hjillson@argolink.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 18:09:29 -0500
Well,
   This is pure speculation....  It sounds like something is spinning on
after the engine stops turning for a couple of seconds.  It also sounds like
it's something that isn't supposed to turn.  Do you had a water pump pulley
with dual grooves to drive the air pump and no air pump?  Somewhere I heard
that some of these were stamped pieces that were pressed/riveted together.
It could be that the unused pulley is spinning on the shaft after it heats
up and expands a little.
  Just another SWAG.
Harlan.