Re: Rear Springs

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Springs
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 1999 20:57:11 -0500
Oh well....I put 7 leaf "GT springs" with the kit from Brit-Tek on my 73B
and although it raised the rear a bit, it's not that drastic IMHO and I'm
pretty happy with them! A while ago there were people who said it would
eventually "settle" to a more normal stance. Some of this may have to do
with the fact that my 73's front springs were made stiffer and the front end
a bit higher "to compensate for lashing down the front end in shipping"
according to Clausager's Original MGB. So...the stance of my B was only
"straightened" a bit (it was squatting, and I didn't like that, although it
"looks" normal enough as I look through pics of other Bs. The ANSA exhaust
doesn't catch as much anymore, anyway, and the slightly increased tendency
to "fishtail" on slippery turns is quite controllable. I should add that I
converted to Gabriel "Red Ryder" (not too stiff) tube shocks at the same
time!
Dan
73 B