Re: Shifter, fan, Linux

To: cookie-monster@home.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Shifter, fan, Linux
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 08:10:12 EDT
I currently am running 2 servers - the bblmail.psycha mail server and a
secure (confidential patient report) server using RedHat 5.2. And a work
station running RedHat. It installs fairly easily and is a pleasure to
weork with if you get into all of the tweaking necessary uner a UNIX
look-alike. I know Kai recomennds Solaris but my experience has been good
with the RedHat version of Linux.
Need more info - just ask.

Larry

On 4/24/99 5:07 AM so and so (Michael Jose) said. (And I quote:)

>Hey,
>My girlie bought me a walnut shift knob for my birthday, and I want to
>install the darn thing.  Now the new one looks as if it simply screws
>on, but the old one will not simply screw off (ha).  Is there any trick
>to this?  I do not remember anything in Haynes, but will look again.
>
>I just fixed the electric (LUCAS!) fan on the passenger side (79), and I
>was wondering if a mechanical fan could be installed on the spacer that
>is present currently.  Is there any limiting factor to doing this on a
>79? What year fan should I try?
>
>All this talk about OS's has me interested.  When I buy my new computer,
>I am going to attempt Linux (Caldera or Red Hat).  Is anyone on the list
>currently running Linux?  Anyone know anyone, or have any
>real-experience information?
>
>Thanks for help on these questions and others as they come.  Sorry about
>the slightly off topic behaviour.
>
>Mike Jose
>Phoenix

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?