Re: weight of B motor

To: litfuse@triton.net, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: weight of B motor
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 08:10:14 EDT
You can lift that much an fit in an MG? Man am I amazed!!

Larry

On 4/24/99 11:54 AM so and so (G. Cook) said. (And I quote:)

>Having picked up several, and not being a weight lifter, nor in
>particularly good shape, I'd estimate 150 lbs for the motor, sans
>starter, alternator, manifolds, and other bolt on stuff.
>
>Freaks out the guys at the trucking company when I pick a rebuilt one up
>and put it in my trunk.  They don't give me any problems after that.  If
>you think it's over 300 lbs. and flame me, I guess I can hunt you down
>and whup on you  :)
>
>The Morris Minor 948cc lump weighs just as much, I swear.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?