Fuel Pump(s)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Fuel Pump(s)
From: "Rick Roberts" <rrobertsmg@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 1999 08:47:25 EDT
Yesterday was our first scheduled Spring Drive here in Columbus, Ohio
and guess what: I never made it out of the garage.  Failed fuel
pump.  It was making it's usual noise but no fuel was being pumped.
NO SWEAT, I have a spare.  My trusty SU from VB.  As Charlie Brown
would say, "ARRGGGGHHHH!", no adapters for the fuel line, and the one
from the failed pump are too small to fit the I/O ports. (Blockhead)

Off to my local Auto Wise where a generic pump is purchased with
correct line adapters and all!  7-9 lbs. out..Cool!  It works!..On
the road.  Never do catch up with the rest of the club but that's
Murphy I understand!

Looking at my car's history:
PO's mechanic: Nov 96..fuel pump part 152-0386 $105.54
               Oct 97..fuel pump part 152-05-868 $101.30
               May 98..fuel pump part BWDEPIZB $90.40

Me yesterday:  Auto Wise Special  $27.50

Plus back on May of 98 a new gas tank was also installed and when I
got the car a new fuel filter was also put on.

Any thoughts as to what's up will these pump failures.
Has anyone put a big healthy filter on before the pump??
Might I leave my $27.00 special on?  It got me where I wanted to go.

Any thoughts???????????

Rick Roberts
Columbus, Ohio USA
73 MGB