Re: TD looses power at speed/Where's the vent?

To: Thecarguru@aol.com, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: TD looses power at speed/Where's the vent?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 01:36:30 EDT
In a message dated 4/26/99 4:52:20 AM !!!First Boot!!!, Thecarguru writes:

> Does pulling the choke give any increase in power at all?
>  Try running without the gas cap- tank venting may be partially restrictive.
>  Gary
>  75 Midget daily driver
>  75 Midget project car

Gary, I think the cap-tank venting you suggested may be the problem. I hit
the highway with the gas cap ajar and the car didn't loose power. I looked
all over the place for some kind of vent hole to clear but can't find one.
WHERE is the gas tank vent? My tank and cap are completely original. There
must be some way for air to get in. Thanks for the advice.

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336