Hot auto transmission in MGC

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Hot auto transmission in MGC
From: Mark Nellemann <garfield@box.format.nu>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 09:27:19 +0200
Hi All !

I have a 69 MGC GT with an automatic transmission. When I drive the
transmission gets very hot. Atleast i think it's the transmission. I can
feel the heat on my right leg (it's a left side car!). Is it normal that
It gets that warm, or is my automatic transmission in a bad shape ?

Another question. It wont do a kick-down, even at very low speed. Is
there some switch I need to clean up or is it another problem ? I find
the car (it should have 145 bhp) rather slow, but I guess that's because
of the transmission.

Is it possible to change my current auto-transmission with a 4 speed
auto-transmission (fairly easy) and would it do any good ?

Thanks . .
Sorry about my poor english.

Mark Nellemann
Copenhagen Denmark
http://box.format.nu/~garfield/mgc/

--

You just goota love that kind of humor ... :)

These are kernels which keep your computer in sync with the power
mains. Since you can not sync with a steady signal, there are no dc
kernels. Either that or they are the kernels built by Alan Cox.