Re: Spring question

To: <mgs@autox.team.net>, "Jason Dutt" <jason@markerman.com>
Subject: Re: Spring question
From: "Dan Ray" <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 1999 19:25:44 -0500
Jason:
The 1" increase that I too learned about WAS in mid 72 -- but Clausager says
to the FRONT only and due to stronger springs, in order to compensate for
spring compression when the cars where lashed down in front for cross-pond
shipping to the States. I thought this caused a more severe "squat" to my
'73 when the rears got tired.
I mentioned this a few days ago...my front springs are original as far as I
can tell, and I installed 7-leaf springs that I bought as a kit from
Brit-Tek (based on the recommendation in their catalog, which I assumed was
a decent bet), which raised my rear ride height a little less than 2"...the
rear fender edges are now about 1" above the tops of the tires, which is not
drastic and looks about right to me...(my eyes, my car, my exhaust system
though), and I'm hoping they will settle in time to "just perfect". We shall
see...bottom line is, I expected a raise in height and was pleased with
it -- on my 73, that is.
You might give Brit-Tek a call at 1-800-255-5883 -- I was happy with the
service and maybe they can explain the ins-and-outs of this Spring Thing!
Dan
73 B

-