Timing Question

To: MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Timing Question
From: Eric Erickson <eric@erickson.on.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 1999 02:23:08 +0510
Sort of knowing the answer in advance - but being new enough to this
sport/hobby/lifestyle that I would like to hear from the OLD fellas on
most subjects...

Is it 'normal' (!?) to seriously throw the timing out by just giving the
poor old 'B a damn good thrashing.  Not lots of redline stuff, just some
flat out laps 'round a racetrack (I liked playing boy-racer) and some
hairy full-lockup braking/maneuvering from 50/55mph etc.

Yes, it was driver training / defensive driving.

She was fine on the day... but both both she and I pulled up pretty sore
the following day.  Timing way out and blowing smoke (yes, both of us).
Quick tune-up did the job but I gotta check a few loose spokes!.

Eric "Treat 'em mean....."
'68MGB MkII