Tow Cars

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Tow Cars
From: Neil_Oldfield@nag.national.com.au
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 1999 13:26:09 +1000
     This Thread Reminds me of the look I got when I Towed my B, To the
mechanic's, using the 1928 Graham Paige as a Tow Vehicle, Dads Hiace Van
Didn't Have the guts, and my other car at the time was a Daihatsu Charade 3
Cylinder.

     The Graham is actually not a bad tow car, if you allow for the brakes,
(Brakes, what brakes???), We have towed caravans all over the east coast of
Australia and also over to Adelaide, which it is about 380 Miles, no
problem.  It will often scare modern cars by following them at 60 MPH for
miles.  But the funniest thing we did with it was when my BIL got his
Mitsubishi Van stuck in a drain, He had gone too wide to avoid an oncoming
car and the passenger side had fallen into the drain.   We took down our
Commodore (A Local 6Cly GM Sedan), and all it did was dig itself into a
hole trying to pull the bus out.  So dad and I looked at each other and
said at the same time, You know what we need now, and then disappeared back
home. We then returned with the Graham, at this point my BIL looked at it
and burst out laughing, saying you have no chance with that.  we quietly
hooked up the ropes, and drove off with no problems, leaving the BIL with a
very confused look on his face, and dad and I with a silly grin.

Neil
Melbourne Australia