Re: no start 'B

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: no start 'B
From: Chuck Schaefer <crschaef@mc.net>
Date: Sun, 02 May 1999 09:27:40 -0500
Charley,

First,  I should compliment you on your fine name.

Secondly, yeah that's the unit. the Delta Mark 10

Thirdly, You confirm the situation that I was addressing. All the High Voltage
secondary components must be in tip-top shape. Not difficult to attain, but
significant to note none-the-less.Mike found this out when he tried to start his
car after the rain had cleared and it worked just fine.

My point is that some believe that the newer ignition modules provide for less
maintenance. Without the occasional complete tune-up, the newer systems seem to
present their own idiosyncrasies.

As for me, I don't use my A as a daily driver. As such, I prefer to use what MG
originally put in the car. It hasn't failed me in the 10 years or so that I have
been driving it, rain or no rain. Each to his / her own I guess.

Mike, I'm glad you got the car started and I suggest that you include a set of
wires to complement your cap and rotor.

Chuck
still stuck in the fifties and liking it!