Re: no start 'B

To: "Mike Lishego" <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>, "MG List" <Mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: no start 'B
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sat, 1 May 1999 13:11:45 -0700
Cold, rainy day... sudden "non-startness" after sitting overnight... been
there. In my case it was the distributor cap & rotor. How old is it?
Can't really tell much by looking at it. But my pal checked it out, said
"replace 'em", I did, and it started right up. He used to drive a TR-4 up
in Eugene, Oregon, so he knows about dampness issues.

In my case I have an Allison unit, so no points, but if you are running
points, better check them as well. At any rate, I wouldn't think it's
anything seriously wrong, just one of those "find the weak link" problems
(which is the problem in itself). Good luck.

Mike Lishego had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149