Re: LBC Repairs

To: Tyson Sherman <mts3@ra.msstate.edu>, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: LBC Repairs
From: mkris@sprynet.com
Date: Wed, 5 May 1999 00:25:37 -0400 (EDT)
        Thanks for the suggestions. Im not the most knowledgeable person when
it
comes to cars. Actually, I've always thought they sensed me coming and broke
down!
        I bought the "Complete MGB guide" by Robert Bentley, the "MGB Owner's
Survival Manual" by Jim Tyler, "Autobooks MGB Owners Workshop Manual",
"Chilton's MGB 1961-79" and "Hayes Webber Carburator Manual"(mine has a webber
and a complete de-tox per John Twist that I paid a mechanic to complete, but
would not go back to). I've been reading the books cover to cover, looking for
the pieces in my car, but I think the previous owner REALLY modified the car.
Things that I expect aren't there, things don't look quite right, and there are
changes that I dont understand very well.
        I joined the local Long Island MGB club, but I recieved a sheet paper
and nothing more since, nor about repair places or workshops. Nevertheless, I
enjoy my LBC, though it runs rough, she looks pretty (perfect completely rust
free body) and after lurking on the MG list I realized this was a real find,
especially at the price I paid. The mechanicals run, but needs help to run
perfectly.... my therapist tells me that a LBC was therefore the wrong life
choice, but we'll work that out after a few more sessions.
        So if anyone knows of workshops near New York City please let me know.

Chris
1977 MGB