Carlisle - Return and ?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Carlisle - Return and ?
From: SpuriousV8@aol.com
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 13:00:02 EDT
          Mine was on the fun show field too,, It was the Tahiti Blue MGB V8
with the C bonnet. I also showed up late and missed the meeting. But,, I did
get a nice new steering wheel, and numerous other parts that shot me over my
budget. And all those Land Rovers across from us gave me some really radical
ideas,,  but they were left intact.
          As for the trip out and back from Monmouth County NJ via the Penn
Turnpike, I didn't see any MG's on the trip. Not even on the side of the
road. I had 2 great days there. have the sun burn to prove it too. My trunk
was packed as tight as I dare without bending it. Had a good time in the
RoadHouse Cafe too, I think it is also known as the Heffer House, why,, you
could only know if you showed up there.
           And that women from Cheyenne,,, I plead the 5th, I know nothing
about it, I was drunk and don't remember a thing :),, hope that excuse works
where it has too. Ian Pender was on his best behavior,, that is for Ian
anyway.
          Good to see Mike Robson, David D, Sue and Dave Blackwell, Rick
Boris, Dave Houser, and many I can't remember their names, also,, excuse me
if I get them wrong. As I am getting older and forgetful.
          There were lots of really kewl cars there, to all of you who
couldn't make it, you missed a great weekend there. Especially the Silver B
with chopped windscreen, flared fenders, and Mazda rotary engine. What a job
this guy did !!
          Back to work for me so I can pay for my Carlisle Weekend.

Jim Brucato
Aka: MgbV8Fun
1980  MGB V8
1964  MGB