Re: Rear Axle

To: <Matt.DeBoer@ejgallo.com>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Axle
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 18:41:06 -0700
Well, my guess, assuming you are rotating a rear wheel hub, is a bad
wheel bearing on that side. Is there any end play on that wheel? Any
wobble? How about the other side (for comparison)?

If it is the bearing, it is not a complete disaster requiring instant
attention but it is a bit of a pain to replace. You might as well bite
the bullet and fix it before it seizes and spins the race and possibly
damages your hub, though. And if it looks bad, you might want to do the
other side, too, while you're good and greasy. Just a suggestion...

Matt.DeBoer@ejgallo.com had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149