Re: FW: Air Fuel Gauge

To: Michael Graziano <mgrazian@ltcm.com>
Subject: Re: FW: Air Fuel Gauge
From: Jurgen Hartwig <gt0003a@prism.gatech.edu>
Date: Mon, 17 May 1999 10:38:05 -0400

Michael Graziano wrote:

> This is the response I received from Force EFI regarding their digital
> mixture gauge.  While I won't be purchasing within the next month,  I'd like
> to get this.  THe engine must really RUN betore I retune the carb.  If
> anyone is interested in these,  maybe we can purchase as a group and get a
> discount.
>
> The web site is here:  http://force-efi.com/cyber.htm and they're cyberdyne
> gauges.  Of course,  if anyone has a cheaper source,  or knows of better
> gauges for similar cost....

I hear your have a quote for $110.  The gauge and sensor are $30, and
$50, respectively, from Summit Racing.  You can get bungs from your
local exhaust shop for little money.

One thing to consider.  You O2 sensor must be mounted near the exhaust
ports.  The O2 sensors only work when they are heated to sufficient
temps.  You can get GM or Bosch sensors for around $30-50 from your
local auto parts store.  I would recommend a heated sensor.  You can
also build a custom O2 gauge, but parts alone reach $15, and then it is
time vs. money.

The O2 gauge will only help you get in the ballpark.  The gauge will not
read a constant level, and will fluctuate back and forth.  If you're
really serious about tuning, get a good gas analyzer, or fit FI to your
car.  Otherwise, you're chasing your tail.  It's still a decent add-on.
Whether it's worth your time is up to you.

Take care
Jay

--
When you were born you cried