RE: Top problems 77B..sigh

To: Tom McLaughlin <tmcl98@yahoo.com>
Subject: RE: Top problems 77B..sigh
From: "Proudfoot, Andrew" <proudfa@NAVCANADA.CA>
Date: Fri, 21 May 1999 17:15:00 -0400
Tom;
Some assistance not much, more will follow from the list I am sure;

1)  My top has never gone all the way down.  When I look at pictures of
other Bs with the top down they look alot lower and the tonneau cover
looks in line with the car?  Mine always has a big hump.  Should I try
to rebuild the frame and such or should I just take it off and get
another when I get my new top.

I find carefull folding makes for a much better fit. My car also has a
couple of straps to go around the top when folded against the rear
bulkhead. Your problem could be the frame. I dunno.

2)  Should the top and the windshield brackets line up fairly easily or
do others have this same problem. (I doubt it)

Mine line up no problem.

3)  I haven't really looked at the frame yet, but if it is shot, does
anyone have one in good condition they are willing to sell?  Or should
I buy a new one????

No don't have one but I should think a used one shouldn't be too hard a
find. I would try and determine what the problem was that caused the
bolt to not go in to begin with,

Thanks as always and sorry so long,

Long? I didn't think so, all very much to the point. Don't worry about
it.

Hope this is of some help. If nothing else you know someone is paying
attention.

Best Wishes & Safety Fast

Andy Proudfoot 77B
Gander, Nfld. Canada