Re: Clutch Bleeding

To: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Subject: Re: Clutch Bleeding
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sun, 23 May 1999 10:09:10 -0400
Art Pfenninger wrote:

> Carl what should be an easy process may not turn out to be so easy. If
> after several attemps you still can't get the air out then open the
> bleeder and walk away for a while. Maybe overnight. I have done this twice
> and it has worked both times.
> ...Art
>
> On Sat, 22 May 1999, Carl French wrote:
>
> > I need to bleed the clutch tonight and clean out the MC. It has
> > something in it that causes an intermittant problem. I know that this is
> > an easy job within my limited scope. But could anyone send me the steps
> > in the next couple of hours just so I have some extra help and save me
> > major time in the process.
> > TIA
> > Carl F

Actually it went fine. It was very simple and the 'chunky style'olive
drab fluid that came out has been replaced with nice clear as water LMA.
What amazed me was that (first, I had not broken it) it now is like a
brand new clutch. It shocked me how quickly it engaged. So now I am
getting confidence (which can be dangerous). Thanks for the reply.
Carl