Re: Seatbelts

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Seatbelts
From: dresden@tiac.net
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 16:52:04 -0400 (EDT)
>To those who are expecting new belts, despite the fact that they should have
>paid to replace them earlier, if not defective, I ask a question: has a
>former owner got the new belts but not installed them?
>
>I have seen at least one post on the lines of:
>I received the new belts, but I installed them in my other car instead. If
>the car which should have new belts is sold on (without the belts already
>sent) should Rover send belts again for that car?
>
>Simon

Well, whether you think people deserve the new belts or not, usually
recalls include installation. I don't really understand them sending belts
out rather than sending the owner of the car, with a certificate of some
sort, to a Rover dealer to have it done. Talk about a safety issue...I know
it isn't hard to install belts, but I'm sure *someone* would screw it up
and then sue Rover for not having installed them as well. What other recall
is "install it yourself"?

Nevin