RE: Top (Hood) ideas, please

To: "'Bud Krueger'" <bkrueger@ici.net>, MG List <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Top (Hood) ideas, please
From: "Kulka, Matt" <Matt.Kulka@hboc.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:04:44 -0400
Bud,

  I've had the same problem with my top.  I weigh in at about 190, and I
have to hang from the header rail and pull hard to get the latches close
enough to hook.  I need a new top because the seam where my rear window is
sewn in has come apart along the top edge of the window.  As I was driving
home this week it dawned on me that every time I put the top up I'm putting
a lot of pull on this seam, and it would have lasted a lot longer if the top
wasn't so dang tight.  (DPO!)

  So my unlearned advise is this:  If you can't take the existing roof apart
at the header and loosen it, buy a new top and install it with a good fit in
cold weather.  You'll almost never have it raised in warm weather, so being
too loose shouldn't be a big problem.

  At least, that's my plan.  If anyone has a better idea, I'd love to hear
it, because I'm saving the money for a new roof right now.  Anybody know of
any good sales?

Dryly yours,

Matt Kulka
Huntersville, NC
'74 B - Neither rain, nor sleet, nor snow, nor gloom of night shall delay
the MGB from making its appointed rounds.