RE: Top (Hood) Ideas, please

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Top (Hood) Ideas, please
From: "Feldman, Jack (Jack)" <jack@lucent.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 09:35:41 -0500
The first spring I had the C, the tonneau cover wouldn't fit after I took it
out of storage. I was about to buy a new one when I was told to leave it in
the warm sun. Worked fine, now it is so old it is held together with the
stitches over the tears.

Secondly, the rear bow may be intended to be have the top glued to it, but
that makes life even more difficult than owning an LBC should be. Naturally
if not glued, the bow will release when you are driving fast and the top
balloons. The solution is to put two snaps in the bar, and two snaps on the
top. The first try ripped out, but I took it to a trim shop who reinforced
the part of the top that should have been glued, and re installed the snaps.
Works fine up to at least 90mph. Next long trip it may work fine at 100 mph.

Jack