Re: British car week

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: British car week
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Thu, 27 May 1999 22:47:03 -0700
OK, OK, you guys got me feeling so guilty that I made up an excuse for an
errand and ran up to Palo Alto in the afternoon. Saw one Jensen-Healey on
the way. Risked overheating by "showing the colors" on University Avenue
downtown (you locals will know what I mean). One XJS, one XK8, and one
white RBB (all parked), and a few Range Rovers. Tried my best to get a
reaction by tearing through the gears and giving everyone the benefit of
what to me is a perfectly ripping exhaust note, but you know how blase
they are in the "center of the universe"... You'll be glad to know I
tried but failed to scrub off my greasy fingerprints on the wings last
weekend -- I think they've soaked in. Nice day, all in all.

I promise I'll get out tomorrow as well, OK?

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149