BCW Redux

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: BCW Redux
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sat, 29 May 1999 00:45:15 EDT
Well thought i'd share with all. I've been driving the Midget daily
driver all week. It now needs a bath. Either tomorrow PM or maybe Monday
early I will be replacing the fornt suspension bushes. Having done this
starting at 4AM for a 10AM start at an autoocross I know it can't take
all that long. Tonight after work I took a cruise in the Midget up to
Quakertown to get my new bed. Try that in a B!!.

On the way back I had that old dreaded feeling you get when the pedal
goes to the floor and the engine just drops to an idle. Yep the throttle
cable broke. Well I was only about 2 miles from home so I thought I'd try
t idle my way there. Unfortunately I was in the bottom of a long draw so
I didn't figure I could make the next hill. Pulled over and grabbed the
trusty tool kit out of the boot. Loosened the locking nut on the Weber.
Pulled the cable tight and re-torqued the nut (imagine that a nut
re-torquing a nut). Idles a little fast but I will swing by the cycle
shop tomorrow to get a new one.
BTW way on 309 North to Quakertown I saw a red RB Midget going the other
way. I waved but really only as they were passing so I am not sure they
saw me. Anybody on the list on 309 in a Midget at about 6:30 PM tonight??
Really only about the only LBC spotted by me all week.

Larry

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?