re:weber manifold

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: re:weber manifold
From: Lmacy1211@aol.com
Date: Sun, 30 May 1999 11:00:06 EDT
I always wondered about this. My Midget 1500 engine, as stock, Had the
coolant running through the intake manifold. Under on ZS carb. When I out
headers on - when the cat failed, I cut that part out of the loop. Then
when I put a Weber and Pierce mainfold on the connection was there. To
save the life of me I do not remember why I took it out when I put the
headers on. I just remember that I did. On the stock intake It ran from
the very front to the back. On the Pierce it is like a small "T" that is
just under the carb. WHat, exactly does heating - or cooling this under
the carb really do?

Larry

>>I have a 70B with the Weber DGV and Pierce manifold and have the
>>opportunity to replace the manifold with a TWM manifold. The TWM has a
>>vacuum port and the manifold heater that splices between the heater hose. I
>>need a vacuum port and have been unable to find a bushing that fits the
>>plug on the Pierce.
>>
>>Anybody know if the manifolds performance is similar and would the manifold
>>heater aid fuel atomization or is it just a heater for warm-up?
>>

>IMHO,I don't think the coolant flowing through the manifold would be of
>much help at startup, since the coolant will be cold.  It might prevent
>vapor lock by carrying away some of the heat absorbed from the exhaust
>manifold, though. I could be wrong.
>
>Calvin Krug

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section
Department of Psychiatry
University of Pennsylvania
3400 Spruce St. - 10 Gates
Philadelphia, PA 19104

In a world without walls or fences, what use do we have for windows or
gates?