new roof (hood)

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: new roof (hood)
From: Justin Lehrer <justinl8@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Jun 1999 14:24:13 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,

Inviting all input regarding the topic of replacing
the roof on my '79B.  Some questions:

1. Is it worth it to get the factory (tickford) roof
with the header bar preinstalled?  My header bar is in
fine shape...is it very difficult to attach a new roof
to an old header bar? (I have limited technical
abilities).

2. Anyone have experience with the "budget" top
offered by Moss?  Does it last as long as the more
expensive tops?  Does it fit well?  Any additional
installation work required that I should know about?

3. Any experience with Amco tops, or Robbins vinyl
tops?

I welcome all input!
Thanks!
Justin Lehrer