RE: British Cars by the Sea- Waterford, CT

To: mgrazian@ltcm.com
Subject: RE: British Cars by the Sea- Waterford, CT
From: drded@ix.netcom.com
Date: Fri, 4 Jun 1999 20:25:46 -0500 (CDT)
On 06/04/99 08:48:08 you wrote:

>Car's running, so I'm going.  David,  how are you getting up to CT?  Do you
>want to meet someplace along the route?  I usually take the van wyck to the
>whitestone to 95.  I assume you're taking the Throgsneck?
>
>Mike

I've had to cancel my CT plans for this weekend. The fellow I switch days with
this weekend
stuck me with "I can't switch" the last minute. On Tuesday, Adam did $500 worth
of damage to a
hyundia I've been letting him use until he gets an income and his B back on the
road. He rear
ended a pathfinder. Both my Bs are under collector's insurance and are not to
be operated by
driver under 25 years of age. The 75 B (green one)went in shop to get inspected
this morning,
hoping to have it back tomorrow. It failed earlier in the week. The carbs have
to be really
leaned out to pass then richened back up to be driveable. The 74 GT is back at
E. 49th (between
Ave N & O ) Brooklyn Maaco getting REpainted (silver), supposed to have back
next Tuesday. It's
been a rough week with the cars. At one point three of the four registered
vehicles I have were
in the shop at the same time .

Tomorrow Adam and I are getting the 74 Midget part out completed and cutting up
the remaining
shell for disposal. At that point Adam's car can be moved into the work spot on
the driveway and
we'll get the refreshed short block in it and ad a little overdrive action to
his 72.

Looking forward to "The British are Coming !!!" next weekend (12th Rally or
Driving Tour and
13th Car show, swap meet, valve cover racing and Funkhana) here on L.I. Since
this was my first
go at being an Event Chairman there ain't nothing that is going to stop me from
being there.

To all British by the Sea bound persons, have a great day, it is the place to
be this weekend
and if it was at all possible for me to make it anywhere, it would have been
this event.

Safety Fast,
David Deutsch