Re: Kennebunkport trip

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: Kennebunkport trip
From: Carl French <cfrench@cybertours.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Jun 1999 23:36:18 -0400
Bud Krueger wrote:

> Hi Listers,
>
>       Had one of those fantastic New England motoring days today.  Clear
>skies,
> temperature in the low 80's, no humidity to speak of, and a 52TD that was
>rarin'
> to go.
> Did about 280 miles today, round trip from Plymouth, Mass. to Kennebunkport,
>ME.
>
> Caravaned with a guy named Paul Hinchcliffe and his daughter, Heather.  Paul
>has
> a very original, low mileage (44K) '51TD.
>
> My hopes to go clean in the Safety Fast inspection didn't work out.  I fixed
>all
> the bugs from last year but, this time, they gave my front suspension the
> critical eyeball treatment.
> I'm gonna' be busy for awhile, got a bunch of swivewl pin seals to replace
>along
> with a bottom wishbone.
>
> Got to meet a fellow lister.  Carl French showed up with his gorgeous 67 Mk1
>B.
> And, if I might add, his very attractive fiancee.  Not only is his car
>something
> to make you drool over, he even had a great picnic basket on the luggage rack.
> Speaking of romantic people, would you believe his license plate,  2MY LOVE?

Well, what can I say? Gee thanks. It is hard to shine with a B when you
are surrounded by all those outstanding Ts. I have always said that my
fiancee was the most beautiful woman in the world. As far as the weather
well, just another day on the Maine coast :-)
Carl French
PS; To anyone going to the High Hopes festival in Milford, NH It is the
day after our weding and the first day of our honeymoon. A vote for our
car would be a nice wedding present from any listers.