Re: MGR-Reply

To: "Eric Erickson" <eric@erickson.on.net>, <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: MGR-Reply
From: "Scotty" <scotty@dove.net.au>
Date: Sun, 6 Jun 1999 20:51:21 +0930
On Saturday, 5 June Eric said

>In our newspaper today someone is selling a 1994 MGR V8.
>what a stunner!!!!!

Eric,
         I agree, the first one I saw was at the Perth Nat Meet a few years
back. *I still want one*. Finances of course may be the major stumbling
block, sigh.

>At least it LOOKS like an MG (unlike the MGF - which, by the >way, are
starting to become pretty damn common around >these here parts).

The MGF is a good looking car IMHO and drives like a dream. Well, the one I
drove impressed me so much that I'd buy one, if I could [read the financial
woe's, explained previously] Of course beauty is in the eye of the beholder,
hey, my '79 rubber nose is the apple of my eye!! and when the J2 gets
finished its gunna have some 'real' competition! By the way, on the road
home from work on Saturday I saw five MGF's and four MGB's one was a chromie
the others were suave Rubber-noses. {8^)

Fellow listers, it is Sunday 6th June as I write this, may I convey my
respects to all who participated in the momentus events 55 years ago, on
this anniversary of 'D' Day.
*Lest we Forget*

Scotty,
Adelaide,Australia.