Re: MGB Brake line flares

To: Bud Krueger <bkrueger@ici.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Brake line flares
From: Art Pfenninger <ch155@freenet.buffalo.edu>
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 13:20:36 -0400 (EDT)
Bud when I did the job I went to Parts America and borrowed the flareing
tool(they have all sorts of tools that they lend as does Pep Boys and
Auto zone) I also bought brake lines from them off the shelf that fit. To
make the bends I got a tube bender I think it was Lesie (sp)brand. With
this bender I was able to mount the length of pipe to one rear
wheel and bend it from under the car. This helps especially around the
rear axle. When I got the pipe bent I removed the attached end, cut it to
length and flared it. If you get any leaks at the new flared end then heat
it cherry red and let it cool. Reattach it and no more leaks.
...Art