Re: carborattor oil...where does it go?

To: saidel@crab.rutgers.edu, mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: carborattor oil...where does it go?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Mon, 7 Jun 1999 16:58:38 EDT
saidel@crab.rutgers.edu writes:

<<   I have 2 thought questions for you experienced souls.
 1. What does the carborator oil do and where does it go so I have to refill
 every 50 miles or so?

 2. I understand mechanics and replacing static parts, but I want to learn
 to do my own tune-up. Any suggestions as to where I might learn what a
 tune-up does for an engine and how to do it? I guess I am asking for the
 Roseta stone of car repair manuals. Titles??? >>

Bill, I suggest that you pick up at least the Haynes manual for your car and
read it.  There is a lot of info in the service manuals in the sections
before the step by step instructions.

Check out the book section at your auto parts store, or the DIY auto section
in your library for more info.  Most of us learned how to do auto maintenance
by trying and doing.  You'll make mistakes, but that's how you learn.

>From your .sig file, you don't appear to be stupid.  If I can do it, you
should be able to!  As you pick up more books on your car, you will get more
info on each procedure.  Also check in the Moss and Vic. British catalogs for
good manuals.

When you get stuck, we will be here to offer help.  Good luck.

Allen Hefner
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport