Door Glass Seal

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Door Glass Seal
From: "Jones, Mark" <MJones@ngl.ca>
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 1999 08:55:14 -0300
I replaced the Driver's side door glass seal this weekend and I am having
the problem that when I crank the window down the seal is pulled down and
turned under by the window due to their being too much friction between the
glass and the rubber seal.  Has anyone else had this problem?  Any
suggestions on how to fix it?

Also some people have complained that their rubber seals were of poor
quality and were replacing them every few years.  The ones I received were
made in the UK by Rover and seem to be of very good quality.  I should also
mentioned that somewhere I read to put masking tape over the seal before
reinstalling the glass.  I did this and it made replacing the glass very
easy; an excellent tip.

Now I just have to fix/replace the heater valve, voltage stabilizer, park
lights, ....

Mark
73 MGB GT