Way to dye carpets?

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Way to dye carpets?
From: don <brgmgb@napanet.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 21:34:37 -0700 (PDT)
After considerable reflection, I've decided not to buy a carpet kit for my
'73 GT.  I have ordered the OEM type rubber mats for the sills and floor
since these are the only things that are worn on the car's floor.  I plan to
either have carpet pieces custom made or to dye the old carpets.

The carpets in my car are intact and sound and still have the sewn-on jute
backing as from the factory.  They are, however, very faded.

My question is:  does anyone know of a spray on dye that would work for
this?  I bought a dye for leather and plastic- a spray-on product but it is
way to thick to work on carpets.  I would prefer to retain the original
carpets not only for the saving of money, but because replacement components
are seldom quite like the original.

Thank you for any help you can give me!

Don Scott

The above address is for list purposes only.  Please send private e-mail to:
scottdon@napanet.net

RetroMobilia w/ original advertising artwork featuring:
    Riley 1.5, '62 Buick, '91 Miata Special Edition, & MG TF, & 215 V8
Check it out:
    http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Track/2508/