Re: Tired Flashers

To: "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tired Flashers
From: Max Heim <mvheim@studiolimage.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 12:50:50 -0700
I eventually had to trace the wiring and clean or replace all the
connectors to get the turn signals working on my B. Also check the ground
in the trunk; it's sort of in a bad location and may not be making good
contact. I believe the operational principle of the flasher unit is based
on resistance, so it's important to have the rest of the circuit in good
condition for proper function.

A few years later on the left blinker is starting to slow way down, so
it's probably a regular maintenance item.

David Hill had this to say:

--

Max Heim
'66 MGB GHN3L76149