Re: Tired Flashers

To: "David Hill" <davhill@cwcom.net>, "MG List" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Tired Flashers
From: "Paul Hunt" <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 20:38:27 +0100
Bad grounds and other connections in the lamp wiring; bad contacts in the
hazard switch and turn switch; bad connections in the green circuit
(particularly the fuse block); tired bulbs; tired flasher.

Be careful of generic flasher units, some of them will flash at the same
rate regardless of how many lamps are connected i.e. you may have your turn
signals on and can hear the ticking but that artic bearing down on you
doesn't know what you are about to do.  Other flasher units will flash at
double the speed if one of the lamps is out.

Personally I prefer to fix the real problem(s) - see para 1.

PaulH.
http://freespace.virgin.net/paul.hunt1/