Brake question

To: "mgs@autox.team.net" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brake question
From: John Turbeville <jturbe@netdoor.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 1999 22:14:07 -0500
Turning into my drive last night (perfect place for something to go
wrong) I hit the brake and it made a "Kaplunk" noise. Then the brakes
seized, and didn't release until I put my foot under the pedal and
pulled it back up, it made a slurping noise as I did it. I jacked it up
and could barely move the front wheels turning them by hand (rear were
unaffected). When I went and pulled up the pedal, they released. Is this
indicative of a worn master cylinder? ( hoses were replaced last year)