New MGA owner needs guidance...

To: "'mgs@autox.team.net'" <mgs@autox.team.net>
Subject: New MGA owner needs guidance...
From: "Pleczko, Rick" <Rick.Pleczko@MissionCritical.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:46:34 -0500
... on how best to feed & change diapers on a '57 A. :)

Hi all,

I have been lurking on the list for a couple of months while trying to find
an MGA. Well, after looking at many cars around the US (much schlock, many
overpriced, and some really good ones whose owners had second thoughts about
selling them - wise people) I am now the proud owner of a '57 A in good
basic condition - purchased from a list member. I drove it home last night
and the grin is still stuck on my face.

As I am returning to the world of MGA's after a 2 decade gap I have a couple
of questions that I would appreciate help on:

1) the wing beading has been painted over - is the process of installing new
beading easy or hard, or can the paint be safely removed from the beading?

2) the front end 'porpoises' - I suspect the dampers - how can I check them
while they are still on the car?

3) the wheel shakes between 60-65 mph - any suggestions?

4) the car sits lower on the right (passenger) side - about 1.5 inches -
would this be the springs sagging?

Thanks for your help.

Cheers, Rick

Rick Pleczko