Towing an MGB

To: mgs@autox.team.net
Subject: Towing an MGB
From: Rick Huber <rickhuber@home.com>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 08:26:33 -0500
Hi Everyone,

I'm getting  ready to get a tow bar built to pull my 65 B to New Jersey
next month.  I'm talking to the trailer people about removing the bumper
and attaching a tow bar to the bumper attachment points.  Is that a
strong enough attachment point for the tow bar.  The trailer guy says he
has several Draw Tite tow bars that he can offer me, but he sounds very
reluctant to build one to suit.  I've asked this list before about it
and it seemed real easy to just have one made, but now it doesn't seem
so easy.  Has anybody done this - pulled an MGB with a tow bar ?  Should
I just rent one ?  Maybe a tow dolly from U-Haul, but I'm sure I'll be
doing this again in the future, so I wanted to have one of my own.

Thanks,

Rick Huber

75 V8 B Daily Driver (will drive this one to NJ)
65 B undergoing lengthy restoration